Old July 1st 04, 10:31 PM
Stop SPAM

Ed Rasimus wrote:
On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 12:38:37 -0500, Stop SPAM
wrote:
ArtKramr wrote:
In an 8 to 1 decision the scotus kicked Bush on the ass for his trashing of the
Bill of Rights. It is about time Bush was placed on the slippery slope he so
well desreves. Thank you SCOTUS. Even the neocons have had enough of him
Arthur Kramer

Art -

You should know better than to accept this silly partisian
interpretation of what happened.

Our Founding Fathers deliberately designed the US Government to have
three independent branches as a check and balance. The three brances are
supposed to be in conflict with each other; the US has a long and
productive history of such conflicts, starting with Andrew Jackson & the
Supreme Court.

This is no different.

There is no "slippery slope" issue here. There are just the three
branches doing their usual power plays back and forth.

Actually, the Wall Street Journal had a great editorial about the
decision and its implications on Tuesday. Headline readers tend to
miss a lot. But, then again they aren't disturbed in their ideology.

Only read this if you are willing to read this:
http://www.opinionjournal.com/editor...l?id=110005283

Ed Rasimus

Ed -

Thanks for the link.

I think it's a great editorial and, IMHO, just reinforces my point - the
decisions, and the issues from whence they arise, are just business as
usual between the three branches, not some great US-threatening plot by
the executive branch.