Old August 13th 04, 08:49 PM
Eric Pinnell

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 07:40:48 -0700, "C J Campbell"
wrote:

I would destroy an airplane before letting a terrorist have it. If I crashed
under such circumstances it would be deliberate. I would attempt to make
sure that ATC knew what was going on and I might attempt to make the crash
survivable, but those would be secondary priorities. There being no way to
tell the difference between reporters acting like terrorists and terrorists
claiming to be reporters, I would assume that they might say anything or
produce any kind of supposed documentation if their lives were threatened.
Kill them first, I say, and let NBC explain things later if turns out their
guys were real.

Just like an NBC reporter to bring a Leatherman to a gunfight. :-)

Honestly, though, it bothers me that so many pilots seem to think that a
moment's distraction is enough to cause you to lose control of an airplane.
What kind of pilot skill is that?

WTF is a terrorist going to do with a GA plane? If they were to seize
it, they'd have to land it somewhere and fill it with a bomb. By then,
ATC would be alerted and said plane would have a hard time going
anywhere.
Then again, this is an attempt to screw over GA by forcing private
pilots and their passengers to go through the insane TSA security.

Eric Pinnell

(Author, "Steel Rain", "Claws of The Dragon", "The Omega File")

For a preview, see: http://www.ericpinnell.com/books/previews.shtml