Old July 19th 04, 11:55 AM
Thomas Knauff

THe older Libelles have an opening inthe nose that is slightly too small for
the round Tost rings. It is a simple matter to enlarge the hole.

As I recall, there was a service bulletin or tech note regarding this from
Glasflugle.

Using chain links bypasses important safety features of the Tost release
mechanism.

Tom Knauff

"nowhere" wrote in message
om...
I know the subject has been brought up before, but I was wondering if
anyone out there has come up with any new ways of coping with the way
that the current pattern Tost rings bind in Libelle nose hooks. Going
through the archives I found three possibilities mentioned: 1; Make
the aperature in the glider nose larger, 2; Find an old "double
oblong" Tost ring or 3; Just use a piece of chain for the end of the
weak link.

The one that sounds the best, using an older ring, seems to be near
impossible to accomplish as I can't find any of these rings. Does
anyone have any new ideas?