Old July 2nd 03, 09:26 PM
TJ

"Jerry" wrote in message
Dan read ur post then it disappeared a user error me thinks. Were the
various Eagles and Vipers even carrying 20mm ammunition for the
Vulcans, surely this must be a pretty standard load out. Also were the
planes that escorted that terrible day loaded for bear so to speak.

I don't know what the UK situation is now but am pretty sure we
scrambled Tornado F3's in case it was a co-ordinated attack here as
well. I also believe that since then we have moved some assets nearer
to London, does any of the uK crew know if that's the case and are
they alert as they were in the days of the Cold War?

Thanks

Dont worry about the spelling errors, because I don't!

Jerry

Yes the Tornado F.3s are still based nearer London sitting alert. You can
find the exact base if you want in the UK media. The last RAF QRA scramble
against the Russians was on 13/14th February 2001 against two Blackjacks.

TJ