Old March 8th 07, 03:50 PM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Default Tweaking the throttle on approach

Frank Stutzman writes:

Just for grins, call up you local friendly aviation insurnace broker and
ask what the premiums are for a brand new Baron for a pilot with zero
time in anything ...

Why do you need insurance?

Yes, you could go naked on the insurnace, but if thats the case you
might have to buy your own airport.

How often does that actually happen?

Remember, insurance companies turn a profit, which means that, overall, they
are charging you more for insurance than the risk actually justifies.
Sometimes it's more cost-effective to do without. And if you have enough
socked away to pay for repairs or even to buy a new aircraft, why bother to
insure it? Unless you can get really good premiums, that is.

I'm tired of insurance companies dictating to the rest of society.