Old April 23rd 07, 05:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Default What the wife notices

I thought this was pretty funny. My non-aviation wife has about 800
hours in the right seat but has never expressed any interest in
aviation or the airplane (other than being a good method to get to
cool places like the beach or a remote area of Mexico). Last night at
dinner she was able to rattle off almost the entire aviation phonetic
alphabet! I was blown away. She said she picked it up just passively
listening on the radio. Pretty funny! She mentioned how all the
letters are guy words (Whiskey, Golf, etc). I started thinking it
would be pretty funny to come up with a gal alphabet (apricot, blouse,
chrysanthemum, etc).

-Robert