Old November 7th 07, 07:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
P. Corbett

Default Minden Airport Access

wrote:
On Nov 6, 1:10 pm, "P. Corbett " wrote:
Bumper
I am sorry to learn of this driving test there. They did that at Jean,
NV and it adversely affected soaring. My wife and I are considering a
move to Minden and this is going to dampen my enthusiasm for the airport
and the area in general. Have they presented a good reason for doing
this? Is it possibly to discourage soaring from that airport? I am
curious how this might affect the sale of the soaring operation.

Good luck with the fight and thanks for keeping us informed.

Paul Corbett
ZZ (The original)

??? Did what at Jean? I fly from Jean almost exclusively, and I've
never heard of anything like this.

James

I may have been misinformed.

I had heard that the authorities at Jean imposed driving, auto insurance
and other restrictions on pilots using the airport and that this had an
impact on flying there. If this is untrue, my apologies.

Paul