Old December 15th 12, 10:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

Default Lowering cockpit RF interference

On Sat, 15 Dec 2012 11:49:06 -0700, Dan Marotta wrote:

I had the same problem, though with a 12v T&B, and used a ferrit in the
power lead to solve it.

I think I tried a ferrite core on the 12v side of the voltage converter
without success and then remembered that Maplins (the UK equivalent of
RadioShack) had these capacitors at a reasonable price. Better yet it was
easy to fit: I just soldered it across the T&B power switch.

The only electrical noise problem I've had was when I installed a 28v
T&B which was powered of the glider's 12v supply with a solid state
12v-28v DC-DC converter. The solution was to put an electrolytic
capacitor across the 12V supply to the converter. This was a
specialized noise cancelling capacitor and IIRC it is 150 uF with a
1.5A transient current capacity.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK