Old June 19th 17, 07:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

Default A Tale of Two Takeoffs

On Monday, June 19, 2017 at 12:16:35 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I feel like retitling this from TTTO (Tale of Two Takeoffs) to SSST (Survival Strategies for Slow Tows).

Does this mean that if we're trapped on a slow tow, we should drop down into low tow position...or move up even higher than normal (if that's possible by then)...or move out to the side--all to escape the downwash?

Chip Bearden
"JB"

Speaking as a guy who's been the you ain't gonna have the choice. You are going to be heading for deep low tow whether you like it or not. Whether you fall off depends on what your tow pilot does next.

Evan Ludeman / T8