Old September 26th 03, 08:39 AM
K.P. Termaat

I have noticed several occurrences with either the spoilers, the gear or a
combination of those. Came up with a nice solution for our new Ventus 2cxT.
Have a look at http://home.wxs.nl/~kpt9/gear.htm

Karel Termaat
NL

"Janos Bauer" schreef in bericht

My condolences...
Just another spoiler accident:
Last month (08.08) an IS29D2 preparing for xc took off with deployed
spoilers. The tow pilot noticed it and tried to inform the pilot (there
was no radio). The pilot didn't closed the spoilers and at the end the
glider was released right over the airport. The pilot realized the
higher than expected sink rate and tried to glide to the nearest thermal
where other gliders were circling. At half distance he realized that he
couldn't make it. Still not aware about the opened spoilers!! Turned
back to the airport and because of the reduced l/d hit some buildings
and finally landed on a road. There was no traffic on this road at that
time...

/Janos