Old April 26th 04, 08:14 AM
Donald Ramsey

Foggles did ok for me after I applied a liberal amount of Scotch(tm) tape
to block out the areas I wasn't supposed to see. To me, foggles do a nice
job of transmitting a bit of shadow as one might get in light IMC without
totally giving away which way is up. However, they do have way too much
clear vision area. You'll need to tape over the areas you feel are allowing
you to "cheat".

--Don

Brenor Brophy wrote:

I tried foggles, but decided they let in too much peripheral vision. I also
tried something called a "Francis IFR hood" that a CFII had during a stage
check. It was bad because it pressed my glasses into the bridge of my nose
and gave me a headache. In the end I settled on a tradition hood and it
worked just fine for all my IFR training.

"Jeff Saylor" wrote in message

If you are a pilot who uses both a headset and eyeglasses, what IFR
trainng device works and fits best for you? The generic foggles, like
Sporty's sells? The Jeppesen JeppShades Flip-Up hood? A particular
model of hood?