Old April 26th 04, 02:54 PM
Captain Wubba

This may sound silly, but I take a $0.99 pair of clear protective
goggles (from Sears or Home Depot, or wherever), then put duct tape
over the top half of the lenses, and along the sides. I got tired of
losing $20 foggles.

I wear glasses and a headset, and these protective goggles are usually
quite flexible and comfortable, and work as well as any foggles or
view-limiting devices I have used. I can see the panel fine, but
nothing over the top, unless I actually try to cheat (which I could do
with most other goggles.I used these on a checkride, and the DE had no
problem with them. These typially fold up quite well and fit fine in
my flight bag, and if I lose them, it hurts a lot less than losing a
$20 pair.

Cheers,

Cap

Jeff Saylor wrote in message ...
If you are a pilot who uses both a headset and eyeglasses, what IFR
trainng device works and fits best for you? The generic foggles, like
Sporty's sells? The Jeppesen JeppShades Flip-Up hood? A particular
model of hood?