Old November 24th 16, 09:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default FLARM - No GPS

Thanks Martin,

As I said earlier, the unit did not generate an igc file yesterday which
I assume was due to no GPS lock. Since installing the unit about a
month ago, I've had only one flight near enough to another equipped
glider to produce an alert. I submitted that file to the range analysis
tool and the result was about 6 km around the front and sides with
practically nothing behind. That's reasonable considering my all carbon
fuselage and wings.

Next time I get to the airport, I'll have a look at some of the logs to
see what the GPS lines look like, but I don't thing that's where the
problem lies. The unit never locates any satellites. I'll also try it
with the ADS-B antenna removed from the proximity of the unit.

On 11/24/2016 2:17 PM, Dan Marotta wrote:
I have two GPS antennae, one for the Dynon EFIS and one for the
ClearNav vario. They are on opposite sides of the Stemme's panel,
about 2 feet apart. There is no external antenna for the PF
Portable. It worked just fine on all flights previous to the one
yesterday. I think my ADS-B antenna is closer to the PF Portable unit
now than it was before, maybe 2 inches. Might that be the cause?

On 11/24/2016 11:46 AM, wrote:
Are you using multiple GPS antennas? They can influence each other
when in close proximity.

--
Dan, 5J