Old October 7th 18, 08:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris Gill

Default HPH Twin Shark

At 02:09 07 October 2018, waremark wrote:
So why isn't an Arcus M in the frame?

Arcus is much nicer to fly than the 32. However, the Arcus has a
tendancy to 'bob' its nose down upon applying throttle, it has a
skid/nose wheel, but its much nicer to have the tail on the ground.
32 engine is a bit more complex to operate (and different engine to the
arcus/twin shark).
I've not flown the shark (one coming to my place next year, so I'll find
out then!)

I operate a DG1001M and it is much better as a self launching glider
than the Arcus/32. It doesn't handle/go as well as the arcus though.

Chris