Old May 14th 07, 03:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dave Butler

Default Inner Tubes

Mike Murdock wrote:
Where else but in aviation do you have to pay extra to get inner tubes that
don't leak? You gotta love it.

My understanding is that there is an actual technical issue. The kind of
rubber (butyl?) tubes that don't leak are difficult to make in small
tire sizes with small radius of curvature.

Dave

-Mike

"Kyle Boatright" wrote:
And they are not cheap. I believe Goodyear has come out with a version
too.

Desser carries both brands.

IIRC, my 5" x 5" airstop tubes were $30+ each. New tires were $50/ea. It
hurt paying almost as much for the tubes as the tires. Still, only having
to air the tires 3 or 4 times a year is nice.

KB