Old March 18th 08, 07:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ricky

Default New Russian fighter...wow!

On Mar 17, 5:06 pm, Larry Dighera wrote:

It's likely because of the pathetic performance of the current regime.
Please tell me you don't support that lot.

I do not support many of the "regime's" decisions, I abhor much of
the
president's performance, but I like Bush as a person. I am quite
distant, purposefully, from politics, and I do not discuss my
political views. Quite frankly, I do not have an abundance of
political views.
However, I am alarmed at any significant decrease in military might.
will stop there.

I also find your pro Christian stance to be at variance with the mass
taking of life performed by the military. Is this typical religious
hypocrisy or naivete?

If not for the "mass taking of life by the military" the U.S.A. would
be quite a different place. I speculate that we would not be the
somewhat strong, free nation that we are.
I do not support the current fiasco in Iraq.
As far as my "pro Christian stance," I normally do not identify
myself
as a Christian. I am a follower of Jesus.
As far as "religious hypocrisy," well, I'm not into religion because,
like the word "Christian," the words have many varied definitions and
connotations. Hey, here's a shocker you won't often hear a stranger
proclaim in public...I do identify with the word hypocrisy; and I am
sometimes a hypocrite. I say one thing and do another. I am weak and
make wrong decisions that are contrary to my values, ethics &
beliefs.
Therefore, it is not my place to judge whether others, the military
in
this instance, are, or have, performed an act that is contrary to the
"pro Christian stance" you proclaimed upon me and then directed
towards me.

Ricky