Old September 14th 12, 04:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Gibbons[_2_]

Default Shortening PowerFLARM Brick Antenna and GPS cables

On Thu, 13 Sep 2012 20:08:49 -0700 (PDT), "kirk.stant"
wrote:

Except that voids the seal on the box and the future (?) IGC logger.

I assume Mark is talking about the "black box" around the dipole
antenna where the antenna cable terminates, not anything within the
brick box itself.

Bob

On Thursday, September 13, 2012 6:21:47 PM UTC-7, (unknown) wrote:
It's probably a lot easier to open the little black box and take a peak at how the

cable is soldered at the antenna end. You could probably cut off the
excess at the antenna end a lot easier than crimping new connectors.
It's a very simple layout. The inner conductor is soldered to one
dipole and the shield is soldered to the opposite one. At least the
Flarm antenna was done that way and I'd be surprised if the PCAS
antenna was any different.

Except that voids the seal on the box and the future (?) IGC logger.

I haven't looked at the GPS antenna other than to remove the two magnets

which are hidden under the sticker.

I like the idea of removing the magnets, though - thanks!

Kirk
66