Old September 15th 12, 02:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

Default Shortening PowerFLARM Brick Antenna and GPS cables

Yes, but all feed lines are lossy and at the frequencies we are using here the lengths of coax are dumb-ass. We don't have an awful lot of signal to begin with, so throwing half of it away is plain stupid. I remember in my ham radio days a friend used an unterminated roll of coax as a dummy load when experimenting up in the GHz range. The signal barely made it to the other end, making a terminating resistor unnecessary!

Mike