Old March 30th 06, 11:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default ADF and GPS equip %

I'm not aware of any requirement that an aircraft owner report to any
government entity just what avionics are installed in his plane.

Now there are places in this world, Julian, that license televisions...who'd
have imagined such a thing? g

Bob Gardner

"Julian Scarfe" wrote in message
Can anyone point me to data regarding the proportions of the US GA
IFR-capable fleet that have:

A Both an ADF and an approach-approved GPS
B An ADF but no approach-approved GPS
C An approach-approved GPS but no ADF
D Neither
?

Either piece of equipment counts only if it is serviceable.

Alternatively, would anyone like to take a guess at the %ages? This is
Usenet after all, and we shouldn't let facts cloud the issue. ;-)

Thanks

Julian