Old May 29th 05, 10:31 AM
Cub Driver

On 28 May 2005 19:22:59 -0700, "Robert M. Gary"
wrote:

I tried to go to the museum at the Dulles airport today. Boy, they do a
good job of hidding that little gem. D.C. easily has the worst roads
for visitors in any city in any country I've ever visited. It is very
hard to find things...

Well, Dulles and Udvar-Hazy are located in Virginia, so it's not fair
to blame your problems on the District.

By the time I got there it was 59 minutes before closing and they close
the main gate an hour before closing. So 2 hours of driving all over
the place were wasted. Next time, I'm bringing the laptop with the
built-in GPS and teach my wife to use it.

I've never tried it by automobile, but the $7 bus from NASM downtown
is easy, competitive with U-H parking unless you've got a gang, and
enables you to see the sights of DC.

(BTW: If you take the Metro and bring your family, understand that you
can only run your credit card once per day (the system will reject it
after that). So if you have a family of 4 and want to add money to each
person's metro card (each must be done seperately) you must carry 4
credit cards.)

I've found that all cities, not just DC, eat twenty-dollar bills. When
I go to town, I just load up with twenties, fives, and quarters.

However, all on all, I'm having a great time!!

Going back to UH, now that you know the way, is really worth the
effort. I got there before it opened for the day, and I left on the
three o'clock bus, and I was enthralled every minute except for those
I spent in the gift shop.

-- all the best, Dan Ford

email (put Cubdriver in subject line)

Warbird's Forum: