Old March 31st 04, 03:26 AM
Shiver Me Timbers

Shiver Me Timbers wrote:

Isn't this how you would go about obtaining employment if you were
interested in entereing automotive manufacturing business, or shoe
business, or construction business, or............??????????

G.R. Patterson III wrote:

It certainly isn't the way I would go about it. I may be completely out of
date,
but I get the skills I need for the job first, then I apply for the position.

Yup.... I kinda realized I wasn't quite clear after I posted.

What I was trying to impress up him was that if he had a helicopter
rating and also had another marketeable skill that would be of true
value to a potential employer that he should put together a package
that highlighted those special skills to that company and why hiring
him would be mutually beneficial to both.