Old April 10th 04, 03:24 PM

"O. Sami Saydjari" wrote:

The Approach in question is SDF RWY 2 at KISW. I was coming in from the
south, nearly lined up with the inbound course of 021 degrees. I was in
touch with ATC. The LOM/IAF is called NEPCO. The ATC asked if I wanted
"direct NEPCO." I said yes. Within about 10 miles of the airport, the
controller said that frequency change was approved. I believe I was out
of radar contact by this time (radar coverage in the area is spotty).

1. Since there is no "NO PT" indicated on the chart, does that mean that
I am required to do a 180 deg turn when I reach NEPCO so I can track
outbound (201), then do a PT, then come back? That seems a little odd
to me.

It was odd because you were at 3,000, and you needed the course reversal to
descend to 2,600 so your descent gradient would have been as designed into
the IAP. In this case crossing the LOM 400 feet high probably wouldn't
matter, but it would at some locations.