Old September 29th 07, 02:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Bob Noel

Default Voltage, EDM-700, trim switch follow-up

In article . com,
Jay Honeck wrote:

Today, we're installing the JPI outside air temperature probe that I
purchased last May. We're gonna install it like Jack Allison did,
out in the left under-wing inspection panel -- an elegant install
compared to the usual "drill a big hole through the side of the plane"
method that most people use. It means removing the pilot-side
interior panels -- a giant pain -- but in the end it'll be a lot
nicer.

I'm confused by the "drill a big hole through the side of the plane"
comment. When I installed the digital OAT probe in my cherokee
it was just a small hole above (and forward) of the fuel selector
valve. A little awkward to get at, but quick to do. And the probe
is about 1 1/4" long, so I'm not sure what the big deal is.

--
Bob Noel
(goodness, please trim replies!!!)