Old October 26th 07, 04:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Al G[_1_]

Default My Modest Proposal to End Global Warming, Revitalize General Aviation, and End Our Dependence on Foreign Oil

"Edward A. Falk" wrote in message
In article ,
Morgans wrote:

"Edward A. Falk" wrote

... With solar panels on the roof to charge it,
it becomes pretty green.

Unless you park it for a few weeks between uses, solar cells don't come
close to providing enough power to make it a viable charging option.

Ooops. My bad. I meant the roof of my house.

--
-Ed Falk,
http://thespamdiaries.blogspot.com/

So you charge it at night from the solar panels?

Or perhaps you charge batteries in the house on good weather days, and
then transfer to your car at night?

Sunlight
(with losses) Solar panel on house
(with losses) Battery in house
(with losses) Battery in car
(with losses) motor.

This is pretty green?

How many good weather days will it take to drive to work once?

Al G