Old May 2nd 19, 05:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
KarlBoutin

Default Pee bag gel

OK Bob Youngblood, I'll bite! I am going against my prime directive of not feeding the trolls but I just want to state my objection to your comments. That will make me feel good and maybe some other pilots will agree with me ....

1- Dropping something out of an aircraft is illegal. (Canadian regulation below but I suspect any legislations in the world would have rules like this; common sense).

Dropping of Objects

602.23 No person shall create a hazard to persons or property on the surface by dropping an object from an aircraft in flight.

And don't even try to argue that a 1-2 pound bag of geled urine would not create a real hazard.

2- Didn't your mom teach you that we don't throw garbage out of the window of a car (or an aircraft). I am pretty sure that the people in the trailer park that you so keenly disparage, know this.

3- If you fly gliders, you will landout. The people you may have to turn to to help with the retrieve may well be those on which you are suggesting to throw your urine at!

I was taught when I began my gliding career that we should act like ambassadors for the sport. Our behavior and attitude reflects on the community as a whole. Your comments show a lack of respect, of commun sense and airmanship.

.... SNIP...
Mike, yes it actually happens, not as bad a the old B52 doing carpet bombing , but less damaging to the environment. Now you may choose to keep the pee bag in the cockpit if you wish, but I think the possibility of spilling the crusty ole **** bag all over the cockpit is a viable possibility. Maybe you like smelling the ammonia sub trace, but my suggestion is to pull the cord and seal the bag and drop whenever you can. The trailer park option is viable, nothing like dropping a bag of urine on the trailer park. In most instances they will never know what it is, they might just get a whiff and decide to throw it in the neighbors yard. No Mike, it is cool to know that you hit the double wide in the first row of trailers.