Old October 10th 03, 03:47 AM
Jack Glendening

James wrote:
The latest research out of Stanford University suggest that ant
infestations are the result of weather, especially cold and wet
conditions, and unusually hot and dry spells (probably bec they're
trying to find shelter from extreme weather). According to the
researchers, insecticides are also ineffective at controlling the
infestations.

One can certainly learn a lot on RAS! My home is in an area conducive
to ants and I can attest to the close relationship of ant invasion and
weather, but I've found that a spray insecticide at the entry point will
stop ants from invading a specific area (though my ants will crawl right
over bait I leave out). So I will still use the insecticde on my plane
but will also plug the hole in question. Thanks for the info, which I
had not seen before.