Old November 14th 03, 03:55 AM
Marc Reeve

Frank Stutzman wrote:
In rec.aviation.owning EDR wrote:

I wasn't aware OV-10's were available for civilian acquisition?

Dunno about civilian acquisition, but getting close...

In about '94 I stopped by Watts-Woodland airport in Northern California to
visit the Beech dealership. They had 3 or 4 OV-10s in the hangar that they
were under contract to modify for the Forest Service. Apparently the
Forest Service was going to use them as spotting planes for fire
suppression. Don't know if it ever came to anything.

It did. They're a common sight around here during fire season.

Some good shots of them during the recent Southern California firestorm
showed up on local news as well.

-Marc
--
Marc Reeve
actual email address after removal of 4s & spaces is