Old November 5th 05, 06:55 PM
Michael Ware

Default GPS mounting bracket

I have a Garmin 296 GPS. In the Skylane that I fly, the mic/phone jacks are
on the panel, directly below where the control yoke shaft goes through. The
the clamp part yoke mount protrudes about 3" below the shaft when clamped
on, so when my phones are plugged in...no good. So for now I am clamping it
on the top lip of the panel, but that partially blocks my view of the
temp/fuel/pressure guages over there.
Any suggestions? There is a blank below the radio stack that would hold one
of those $100 panel mounts, but since it is the club's plane, not mine, I
can't go that route.

--
Hello, my name is Mike, and I am an airplane addict...