Old December 23rd 05, 03:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

Default IF procedures trainers XPlane/MSFS ?

Hi,

I'm looking for a procedures training packge. I formerly used IFT Pro but
it's no longer supported and it won't run under XP anyway.

Its a toss up between X-Plane and MSFS (any other ideas welcome !)
From people who have used both, which of these has the best flight deck
panel graphics (both dials and glass flight instruments) and usefulness for
IF practise ?

I know the MSFS editions are different and may have been dumbed-down
after/due to Sep11 2001.

I'm not interested in scenary other than runway / approach lights, and a
wide range of aircraft wouldn't be necessary. (boring eh !!??

Regards JW