Old December 28th 04, 07:38 PM
Colin W Kingsbury

"G. Sylvester" wrote in message

I've had the pleasure of knowing a couple very distinguished

physicians, and
they are among the most humble and self-effacing people I know, far more

so
than a lot of corporate VPs, lawyers, and real estate agents who have no
remote right to their arrogance.

You don't deal with many neurosurgeons. The word ego is defined by them.
....not all, but 98% of them. They are probably the F22 and F116
drivers of our bunch. ;-)

Actually one of the ones I was thinking of is a chief of neurosurgery at a
large hospital, and had served as president of the Massachusetts Medical
Society (which publishes the NEJM). I suppose he's in that 2%.

Arrogance is annoying wherever it's found but I resent it a lot less in
neurosurgeons et. al. than in so many other less-deserved areas.

Cheers,
-cwk.