Old March 29th 05, 05:28 PM

Hi Todd,
The rule could say something like, no sudden increase in altitude at or
near the finish cylinder, not to exceed, say 300 feet. I'm sure our
clever scoring programmer could measure time vs. altitude in the
pull-up and flag the trace for penalty consideration.

But the rules DO recommend the procedure. It's the fastest way to
finish !

For any rule prohibiting hard pull-ups, how will the pilot know in
the cockpit, how hard can he pull up without violating the rule ?
Will g-meters be required equipment ?

I personnally have no fears of hard pullups, as long as I don't have

do
them below 1000 ft AGL.

Yes, but this is where the near mid-air occurred at this years Seniors.
Several posters have pointed out the same potential exists in the
cylinder as in the line, hence my recommendation to basically prohibit
the pull-up in or near rhe cylinder. It's the guy in your blind spot
that gets you (or you get him)
JJ

Todd Smith
3S