Old April 24th 20, 03:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Kellett

Default What have we learned from all this?

On Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 9:53:14 PM UTC-4, Bob Kuykendall wrote:

Quick update: The US death toll from Covid-19 now stands at about 50,000, and that's in only about 2.5 months since the first US death reported. A bad influenza year might incur 60,000 deaths over 12 months.

A lot depends on how we look at these data. If you average out the deaths from all causes by the week, we find that for the last two weeks COVID-19 is right now THE leading cause of death in the US! So it's serious, and certainly far more contagious than cardiovascular disease, cancer, auto accidents, whatever . . .
Jim