Old January 28th 16, 12:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston

Default Akaflieg Karlsruhe AK-X

On Wednesday, January 27, 2016 at 2:46:10 PM UTC-8, Glidingstuff wrote:
From the website

"The time has come, after years of advanced development, testing, evaluation of concepts, construction of models, discarding and regenerating ideas the AK-X project is rising to a new level: We build the man-carrying flying wing of 15m glider racing class!"

https://akaflieg-karlsruhe.de/2016/0...g-flugzeugbau/

DG have started making the full size molds for them on their CNC machine.

Looks interesting,

Paul

Interesting project. I remember seeing some interesting flutter modes on the similar SB-13.