Old July 25th 08, 08:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
RST Engineering

Default The Last Airplane

I did a search on Chuck-Bird, which morphed into Chuckbird which morphed
into Texas Parasol, and I stopped searching at that point.

Seems that somebody took liberties with the design of Chuckbird and was
selling plans for either it or the Parasol that had been compromised in some
manner. You wrote several (dozen) paragraphs in a lot of libraries on the
deficiencies that you and/or others found.

However, somewhere there has to be a repository of "real" plans for a
aircraft as compelling as the Chuckbird, but I'll be damned if I can find
it.

Pointer, please?

Jim

--
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought
without accepting it."

wrote in message

That's the easy part: Form follows function. A minimum flying
machine would look like a Chuck-Bird, Chuck Beason's delightful
little parasol. There are a other designs that could serve as your
precursor but all fail the 'minimum' test at one point or another.

-R.S.Hoover