Old November 24th 08, 06:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
T.L. Davis

Default Let's get back on track

On 22 Nov 2008 23:41:23 GMT, Jim wrote:

Looks like time to return to our roots. So here is a variation of a post
I've used over the years. Let's hear from some aviators.

The scenario: Our nation is in a major conflict. You have been tasked
to go to AMARC at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base to retrieve and reactivate
airframes for service. Due to the magic of science any engine or weapons
system can be adapted to those old airframes.

So what will you pick? Why?

GREAT question. Not an aviator, but...

B-58 Hustler - intercontinental Mach 2+ atomic bombing capability.

F-111 - tactical supersonic bombing capability, ECM capability.

F-104 - Mach 2 interceptor.

F-105 - Mach 1-2 tactical/atomic bombing capability/ECM capability

SR-71/YF-12A - Mach 3 recon/interceptor capability.

F-14 - Naval air superiority fighter/supersonic tactical bombing.

F-117 - stealth subsonic tactical bombing.

Best engine/weapons/ECM packages available.

T.L. Davis