Old November 2nd 11, 07:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mario[_2_]

Default 767 landing without landing gear in Warsaw

On Nov 2, 4:30*am, Paul Tribe wrote:
At 21:13 01 November 2011, Andy wrote:

On Nov 1, 8:32=A0am, ASM *wrote:
Here is a link to the video of 767 landing in Warsaw this

morning
without landing gear. The Capt. of this airplane is a glider

pilot.http:/=
/news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/plane-carring-230-lands-

witho...

Jacek

Don't know how the alternate gear control works on a 767 but not

as
well as the simple mechanical up lock release on the DC's and

MD's it
would seem. *Never mind how well it was landed gear up - why

weren't
the wheels down?

Andy

The never ending speculation on this can be found hehttp://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/4...olish-lot-767-
wheels-up-landing.html

http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/4...landing-3.html

One of the responses:

Glider
Hmm, USAir into the Hudson - Sully is glider pilot, here - glider
pilot. Do I see a pattern (ok, n=2 is not a pattern, I know). Would it
be a good idea to have the guys start with glider training before
going to powered planes. Maybe 1 year or so (maybe 6 mo) longer
training but saved lives?