Old October 3rd 18, 04:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Glider crash near Reno September 2nd 2018 (retitled from"yesterday"

I am not anti authority, just pro freedom.Â* It's about our Constitution
which all good US citizens should be conversant with. Oh, yeah, I live
in a "no helmet law" state, but I still wear a helmet when I ride.Â* And
I don't have a camera mounted on my helmet, either.

On 10/3/2018 9:30 AM, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
True, many places out of the US use a different format for date (my wife programs for databases worldwide, I get to hear that often.....).
Just like RS-232, there are many standards.

As to mandates, I have ridden motorcycles for 40+ years, I hate mandatory helmet laws, but unless putt-putting in the driveway, I always wear a helmet.

Guess some of this falls under "anti authority" which is a knock in the training that is covered being a CFI of any type.

--
Dan, 5J