Old March 6th 16, 01:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Soarin Again[_2_]

Default Wing Frequency measuring app

At 02:42 06 March 2016, JS wrote:
Thanks, Clyde. I know that this measurement is done at every Form Two
inspection where you live.

Until this app, the device was a mark one eyeball, and counting "one,

two,
three, (etc) while looking at some cheap watch. Then doing it again

because
you're sure you lost count! The last bit probably won't change until you
believe the app can count.
Jim

On Saturday, March 5, 2016 at 6:01:24 PM UTC-8, IA DPE wrote:
In order for this to be recorded in the aircraft logbook, it would have

to be a FAA approved measuring device, right?

While I can see some value in knowing this reading, there would have to

be standardization in the measuring device and technique I would think.

20 years ago we could take a video (including a stop watch) at the wing tip

then play it back, in slow motion if preferred. Worked perfectly and it
didn't even require a computer.