Old October 9th 04, 03:46 AM
Stewart Kissel

Nope, just the guy who runs the place I get my BFR
at

At 01:24 09 October 2004, Btiz wrote:
and Dave C is a TSA authority how?

'Stewart Kissel' wrote in
message ...
Tom-

Dave C. at Mile-Hi said an existing license counts...I
just called him.

At 18:00 08 October 2004, Tango4 wrote:
How does Boeing get a non-US citizen to check out on
say a new 777? Do they
have to do it outside the borders of the US or do they
teach 'em in a sim
and let 'em loose on the real thing straight away?

:-J

Ian

'tango4' wrote in message
So I take it no visitors to the US can get any instruction?
Has that
killed all the flight schools offering cheaper flight
training for
European pilots?

What about visiting pilots wanting a checkride before
taking a club or FBO
ship?

Talk about overkill!

Ian

'Tom Serkowski' wrote in message
m...
http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/regulatory/regtsa.html

Beginning October 20, 2004, all pilots wishing to
recieve instruction
- including a BFR, must show proff of US citizenship
to the
instructor. Very scary.

I have heard from a reliable source that if a CFI
allows a passenger
to touch the controls, that is considered instruction
in the TSA's
eyes.

The instructor must see a document such as an ORIGINAL
naturalization
certificate and keep a copy for 5 years. Yet on my
certificate it
says it is illegal to copy it.

I called SSA today regarding another subject and also
asked about
this. The office person I talked to knew nothing.
And of course the
SSA website is also mute on this. Dennis was unfortunately
on another
call, so I didn't get a chance to ask him.

Tom Serkowski
ASH-26E (5Z)