Old June 23rd 08, 09:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ed Sullivan

Default The EAA should allow us to use our folding bikes at Airventure

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 16:20:35 -0700 (PDT), Lou
wrote:

On Jun 22, 8:08 am, Sliker wrote:
On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 18:58:56 -0500, Dave S
wrote:

Sliker wrote:
I wonder how with attitudes like that, we ever get new
homebuilt designs built.

I wonder if you personally attack everyone who dares to disagree with
your point of view.

I commend you on your maturity and objectivity.

Go ahead, walk your arse off on the Airventure fly-in. I've been going
to that thing since '73, And I could see so much more of it if it
weren't for all the walking involved. That thing is spread out far and
wide. Many times, things I want to see are so far, I just don't have
the energy to go see them, especially towards the end of the day.
A person that flys into the show, in a homebuilt, parks and then you
face the fact that you have no ground transportation, the hotels are
full, and try getting a rental car. I'ved used the busses, but they
aren't ideal, especially if they aren't going where your lodging is.
So you are on your feet from the time you land and park, until you
leave. And they won't let us use a folding bike. Stubborn asses
Go ahead and defend that archaic rule. Then one day when Airventure is
no more, we'll all look back and wonder why it died. The list will be
long, and some of these unneccesary rules will be at the top of the
list. Don't think it will happen? That's what they thought back in the
golden age of air racing too, and a little over 10 years after it
started, it was finished. And not just due to the war, it was about
done when that started. People lost interest. And when that's
happening, we don't need any unneccesary rules to give attendees more
reasons not to attend the event.

I can't stand lazy people.
Lou

I must say that the last time I attended Sun Fun I was impressed with
their system. They have a readily accessable Tram terminal with routes
posted above the entries. There is also a trailer ride available at a
modest price (I think a chapter puts it on ) that goes everywhere on
the flight lines so you can get an overview of what's there. In
addition they have a dedicated road strictly for volunteer carts that
doesn't interfere with pedestrian traffiic.
While Oskosh covers more area I think a little planning coulld do
something similar.

Ed