Old June 24th 08, 12:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
BobR

Default The EAA should allow us to use our folding bikes at Airventure

On Jun 23, 10:07*am, Gig 601Xl Builder
wrote:
Sliker wrote:
The trams are not usually available when you want one, and are a waste
of time waiting for them. I grab one when I see one going in the right
direction, but it's not that often. Or they are full. I'd put a motor
on my bike, so I could get around. And the flight line isn't that
packed with pedestrians, there's more than enough room for a folding
bike. Now I can see why the rules never get changed, as soon as it's
tried, everyone defends anything Poberenzy and crowd want to issue as
law. I've been to a lot of local fly-ins that don't have so many rules
and guess what? it's not a problem with a bike. It's actually been
done succesfully! without incident. Can you imagine? Probably hard for
the dot every i, cross every t, follow every rule to the letter crowd.
Like sheep. I wonder how with attitudes like that, we ever get new
homebuilt designs built.

So now you want not only your bike you want a motorized bike? What next,
are you going to ask to let you drive your car around the grounds?

I'm sure EAA will miss you as a member. Which is worse a sheep or a whiner?

Whiner by a wide margin.

Can't you just see 50,000 people trying to navigate around the crowds
on motorized scooters and bikes? Can't you just imagine the line of
lawyers handing out cards for liability lawsuits? If you are
physically unable to walk, then an exception is in order otherwise,
get off you lazy ass and walk.