Old July 20th 08, 11:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bruce A. Frank

Default The EAA should allow us to use our folding bikes at Airventure

Yeah, that'll teach 'em. So, you don't vote either, do you? After all, there are very few candidates with whom I agree 100%. One thing irks you and you quit? Or is this the excuse you have been looking for to quit supporting the ONLY organization out there that lobbies for the amateur builder. EAA and AOPA  are about the only orgs large enough to lobby to keep ANY fuel available for nuisance "hobby" aviation (As Babs Boxer calls it). I would never have thought the word "draconian" could be applied to a "walkers only" rule.

Sliker wrote: I'm really tired of their stubborness about this issue. Airventure is
the one place a folding bike would be invaluable. But instead, they
insist we walk with no assist over the huge area of the fly-in.
As a result of their turning a deaf ear to requests for change, I'm
not renewing my membership or attending their fly-ins.
SNF is just as stubborn. With the cost of fuel, they are going to have
enough trouble getting an adequate turnout of sport planes at their
gathering in OSH, maybe now is time to turn the screws on them and
pressure them to change so of those draconian rules.