Old October 20th 03, 04:38 PM
Larry Dighera

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 15:24:51 GMT, Robert Moore
wrote in Message-Id:
:

Larry Dighera wrote
First, I believe we can all agree that we experience 'enjoyment'
on 99% of our flights, and perhaps even exhilaration at the
sight of the landscape spread out before us on many. But those
are not the types of thrill experiences to which the OP was
referring. He was referring to amusement-park thrill-ride types
of extreme visceral, intensely emotional stimulation.

It's a shame that most pilots will never experience the THRILL
that we Naval Aviators experienced the first time that the tail
hook caught the wire. There may be other words to describe the
experience, but THRILL certainly fits.

Perhaps the OP should have included rec.aviation.military in his list
of crossposted newsgroups. He'd fit right in over there.

--

Irrational beliefs ultimately lead to irrational acts.
-- Larry Dighera,