Old April 16th 15, 10:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Bioenno Power LiFePO4 12V Glider Batteries

Before we decided to sell the Stark Power LiFePo4 battery, we installed two of them in our DUO Discus. The DUO has lots of electronics in both cockpits including a transponder, Flarm, flight computers, etc, etc.

We flew on one battery for two long days, just to see how long they might last, and it still had lots of power left. We obviously now have both installed, and connected as we did with the previous batteries.

We have sold a couple hundred of these with no complaints or problems, and they seem to be lower cost than others I am aware of. Even the important battery charger is reasonable in cost. They charge very quickly.

At this time, we do not suggest using them for high power applications such as used in self-launch gliders.

Tom Knauff
www.eglider.org