Old December 4th 05, 02:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default US ELT Installation

Two years ago Tom Brenza did a nice job installing an ELT behind the
seatback on the left. The whip antenna then curls up along the roof of
the luggage compartment. I guess he knew that that section was not
carbon.

I've talked to John about this, and while he is usually very helpful,
he had little transponder experience.

The headreast idea may work for an ELT antenna, but my tired old brain
doesn't need a transponder antenna transmitting right behind my head.

Behind the spars would be ideal if it would work.

Bob Zahradnik
Durango, CO