Old July 11th 06, 06:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rodger R

Default Skydivers vs. Gliders?

I spent the weekend at a fly in with 30 piper cubs swarming about at
Lompoc with parachute operations going on. The drop zone is about 1/4
mile from the runway inside the pattern. I was amazed at the lack of
conflict. The prevailing wind is strong and down the runway so if the
skydivers get blown downwind they will not come over the airport. The
airport has an ILS and is 10 miles from Vandenberg. I think the safety
as always boils down to good communication and mutual respect. Not
always available everywhere. I think the Hollister model is a good
model for Minden.
Rodger R
Pescadero CA