Old September 26th 06, 05:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,alt.aviation.safety,rec.aviation.student
John Mazor

Default Federal Aviation Administration to cut more air traffic controllers

"Steve Foley" wrote in message
"John Mazor" wrote in message
"Steve Foley" wrote in message
"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
The air regulations are a double-edged sword: if a competent pilot
feels he needs to do something for the sake of safety, he can do it,
no matter what anyone else says, and the regulations will protect him.

You're a funny guy!

I'd like to see how far he gets in defending himself against an FAA
citation
using that argument - "I can do anything I see fit as PIC for the safe
operation of my aircraft, and the FARs protect me so you can't touch me."

It is a starting point for a defense, but as we see, he is rather weak on
where such discussions go after laying down a basic principle or two.
Ditto
on his simplistic, tunnel-vision view of aviation safety.

The Feds will never come after Mxsmanic. He's never touched the controls
of
an airplane. He plays with Microsoft Flight Simulator somewhere in France,
but know more than all the pilots here combined.

Thanks, that's about what I figured.