Old May 29th 07, 06:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcarlyle

Default Physiology and accidents

Another physiological problem at this time of year is due to tree and
grass allergies. Mine have been getting milder as I age, to the point
where I don't take anything stronger than ibuprofen (to combat
headaches). However, tired eyes (from the pollen) and queasiness (from
the post nasal drip) get annoying enough at times that I just won't
bother to fly. It's a bummer to be grounded on beautiful Spring days,
but I believe it ensures that I'll get to enjoy other flights.

-John

On May 29, 12:17 pm, "Bill Daniels" bildan@comcast-dot-net wrote:
Flying gliders, particularly landing gliders, is a visual task. The
information a pilot needs to perform this task enters the brain through the
visual system. A pilot can't feel or hear the runway approaching, it can
only be seen. If the pilot's visual system is compromized, an accident is
very possible. Landing accidents are the biggest category.