Old October 15th 07, 06:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.chatter,alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker[_2_]

Default Flight Fantastic Airshow, Edinburgh, Scotland - "Stolp Starduster Too.jpg" 74.1 kBytes yEnc

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 13:31:53 +0100, Doc Savage
wrote:

On Mon 15 Oct 2007 10:22:27a Peter Hucker wrote in
:

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 07:57:13 GMT, Bob Harrington
wrote:

Peter Hucker wrote in
:

Stop moaning or I'll use bitmap incase someone doesn't have a jpeg
decoder yet.

Not all that many years ago, my old Amiga 4000 lacked that very
decoder. Then it got a (slow) one...

On the subject of yenc, I just flicked through a batch of yenc photos,
and they popped up over three times faster than the uu ones. Either
it's cause they're smaller, or the processing required is faster.

The encoding is 30% smaller than with Unicode.

The pictures come up instantly in Agent if they're yenced. UUs take
about a second. I'd say the difference is something like a factor of
3 or 4.
--
This message has been brought to you by solar and wind power. Who needs the national grid?

A guy goes to a psychiatrist.
"I'm in love with my horse," says the guy. "I desire my horse!"
"I see," says the shrink. "What kind of horse is it? Male or female?"
"Female of course! Do I look like some sort of pervert?"