Old September 11th 12, 09:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

Default Butterfly external display questions

On Tuesday, September 11, 2012 3:19:30 PM UTC-5, Andy wrote:
"I received a Butterfly external display with my US PowerFLARM core (brick). I also ordered a PowerFLARM Portable so have been able to compare the two. The alerter volume of my Butterfly external display is much lower than the alerter volume on my portable, even when the Butterfly is a maximum and the portable is at reduced level. My Butterfly external display also has light leaks along the entire top and bottom edges. These show up as light bars that are significantly brigher than the display itself....So, if you have a Butterfly external display, will you please let me it it has light leaks, and also if the alerter volume is similar to, or significantly lower than, the portable."

Andy, my Butterfly external display also has light leaks. They do not appear to be a problem in terms of display visibility.

Warning beep is loud enough that I can hear it in my car while driving with the radio on - but not real loud like my MRX PCAS. Not sure how that will translate into my glider cockpit.

As I also intend to send the PFlarm data to my SN10 and Oudie, hopefully I'll have enough warnings to wake up and look out the window!

Cheers,

Kirk
66